Thursday, November 7, 2013

Homemade scented candles

I am obsessed with candles. I would love a Yankee candle for every season, but my wallet will not alow me to pay $30 for a single one. That's a tank of gas y'all!!

Sooo I researched on how to make my own. Since I love crafting I thought it would be a fun little hobby and it turns our it's actually really simple. 

What you will need: 

A double boiler 
Wax cube
A scent you would love your candle to smell like
A wick 
A pack of color blocks(if you want your candle to be colored)


I found everything I needed at Hobby Lobby. 

Step one

Melt your big hunk of wax in the double boiler on high

Step two

While it is melting, add your color blocks (optional)

Step three

When the wax is completely melted and a few drops of your scent. Mmmmm!

Step four

Place your wick in the center of the glass you are going to use as your candle container. You can use anything. I've used coffee cups, tins, mason jars, and vintage items from thrift stores. 

Step five

Carefully pour the melted wax into your container. Make sure the wick stays in te center. It will probably take about an hour to harden it will look something like this:


After it hardens it should be ready to use! Enjoy!!

Mine are hardening now. These are green Christmas scented ones for the holidays



I also made some homemade cucumber and green tea sugar scrub, but I will save that blog for another time!


No comments:

Post a Comment