Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
1. Coffee is my life. I do not go one day without it. If I do, I may murder someone.
2. I also exaggerate everything.
3. I do not believe in credit card debt. With all of our student loans, daycare, car payment, rent, and a million other bills, I just can't have cc debt too...I JUST CAN'T!
4. I force myself to eat breakfast every day. Even if it's 1000 calories.
5. I literally despise cats-- and I have one.
The litter, the clean up, everything! ugh.
6. Country is my Jam. Jack now knows every country song because I blast it at every chance I get.
7. I do not care about designer names. I care about clearance.
8. I am so terrible about calling people back.
9. I have pumpkin fever. pumpkin lattes, cakes, oreos, creamer, rolls. You name it!
10. All of my pants range from 1-5 depending on the brand.
10. I hate talking on the phone. Texter for life!
11. I can't live without a clean house, but hate cleaning. The struggle, y'all!
Monday, October 13, 2014
There is nothing I love more than creating little traditions with my family of three. Each year, during the time the leaves are changing, we venture up the mountain in Charloettesville to pick apples. You never know what type of weather you will come in contact with, but I feel as though we've experienced it all. Extra hot, too windy, foggy and cold. We don't mind a bit.
We drove up the little foggy mountain. The air was so crisp you could snap it with your fingers and greens in every shade imaginable offset by autumnal flashed of red and yellow. Jacks favorite part is running between the trees, finding the ripest apple, taking a huge bite, and throwing it on the ground.
After we bought some apples and little pumpkin candies, we drove to a little spot to eat called Beer Run. TJ was in IPA heaven and I was in organic food heaven. We munched on organic nachos and sandwiches until our bellies were full and it was time to head back home. One thing I love about Richmond is that we are an hour away from the mountains and an hour away from the beach. We can have amazing day trips all year long.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Live in the moment. Stop waiting. Make memories every day! Happy hump day!
Also, anyone tried these before? Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, non-GMO, vegan and kosher. Easy on the go breakfast!! I love them. I'm typing all this while eating a doughnut! ONE DAY I will stick to a diet, but not today!
Monday, October 6, 2014
You know you're at the fair when everything is fried.
There is actually a Twix Twinkie wrapped in bacon deep fried and coated with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce on top. 1100 calories. Yes, I looked for it. No, I didn't find it. Bummer.
We had a blast. I'm absolutely obsessed with family traditions. We have been taking Jack since before he could walk. The last two years he has been lucky enough to ride the rides with his cousin. The air was crisp and you could just feel Fall rolling in. We stayed until dusk, when the temperature started to significantly drop. It felt amazing. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. They kids basically rode every ride they were tall enough for, saw tons of animals, found Papa's first and second place ribbons for snap beans, salsa, stewed tomatoes, and a birdhouse.
No fried food for me this year! Emily-1 State Fair-0
Saturday, October 4, 2014
" A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2014."