Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Coffee is my life.

I mean, I'll admit it. I go to Starbucks waaayyyy more than any coffee-aholic should. Sometimes twice a day. That's like $40 a week if I were to go every day. I just LOVE when someone makes me coffee. And there's a drive thru. I'm
Lazy. And it's right across the street from my work (ok, enough excuses). 

I've been trying really hard to make my coffee at home, but spring has sprung,which means I crave iced coffee. I found an iced coffee recipe and decided to give it a whirl. Not too shabby! 

Here's what you would need to make a homemade iced vanilla macchiato. 


I brewed strong coffee the night before and put it in the fridge. 


So in a saucepan on medium heat put the sugar and water in and stir until sugar is completely melted. Add vanilla extract. Set aside to cool. 

Fill your glass with ice. Add a couple tablespoons of the vanilla syrup you just made and pour milk overtop. Add coffee on top and voila!




Perfect for a nice walk around the neighborhood. 







No comments:

Post a Comment