Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Art To Living Simply According To Emily







I am obviously no expert on any subject really, but I AM working on de-stressing my life and keeping my house calm, comfy, and cozy.

Speaking of cozy- We do not live in a gigantic house. We have a tiny two bedroom one bathroom apartment. We like the idea of a small place. It keeps our family close to one another. Although, another bathroom would be nice. Getting ready in the morning is a real chore. Since we have such a small abode, we do not need to buy a bunch of furniture just to fill up space. (money saverrrrrr.) I mean I really do not need a dining room, a living room, and a den. We are very content with our beautiful space. This is one way we are keeping our life simple.

Another way to keep life simple is preparation in meal planning. I HAD to learn how to cook. I wish I could cook like best of them, but I really cannot. I had to teach myself. Cooking and meal planning save you TONS of money at the grocery store. Also, if you have planned meals you will not order out for chinese and pizza twice a week, which can be a lot on the budget.

Numero tres. Yes, I speak Spanish. Hola. It's more Spanglish than Spanish. Anyway, number three. Be free from clutter. Donate, sell, recycle, or toss if you have not used it in over 6 months. This is so hard for me, because I am borderline hoarder. Obviously not a self- diagnosis- i am diagnosed by my parents and husband. Since we are trying to move within the next couple months, we are trying to downsize and get rid of things that we no longer use. I'm a work in progress.

Stop comparing you lives to others and just live your own. If you are content and happy with your life and the way you live it, own it. Do not try and keep up with the Jones'.

Drum roll pleaseeeeee!!!!! dun dun dunnnn duhhhhhhh

Emily's 5 keys to happiness
1. Don't hate. (said in my ghettoist voice.) Is that a word? It is now.
2. Don't worry.
3. Give more
4. Expect even less
5. Simple is beautiful


No comments:

Post a Comment