Monday, February 2, 2015

Going from one to two.

Jack. My everything. My first born. The boy that showed me that love at first sight really is true. My best friend. The one that makes me laugh daily. The one who pushes me to work harder. The one who made me a mom. The one I give all my extra time to. 

I'm a worried mom right now. Bringing another baby into the mix is a lot of transition for a four year old. I'm worried how he will feel when I have to give attention to his brother/sister. I don't ever want him to feel left out. My worst fear is that it will be too big of a transition for him. Of course I will spend a lot of one on one time with him, but i am concerned how I will balance my time equally with two. 

I'm making time for more mama and son dates. Just the two of us. This past Saturday I had off and TJ had to work. Jack and I went for a coffee date. He had his first child's size hot chocolate (soy, of course, because he's Lacoste intolerant!)  He talked about baby names and what we had planned for the rest of the day. I love when he tells me about school and his friends. He's growing like a weed and I'm just trying to keep up! After our chat it was off to get his haircut and buy flowers for our home! Key to cure cabin fever: sprinkle flowers all over your house in as many vases as you can find! It reminds me spring is right around the corner!

Any mamas out there have advice on going from one child to two? 






No comments:

Post a Comment