Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Oil pulling!!!

Sounds disgusting, right?! It's actually the total opposite!

The ritual is simple: Just fill your mouth with coconut or sesame oil and swish it through your teeth and gums for five to 10 minutes each day. This odd habit is supposed to “pull” toxins out of your body and trap them in the oily solution, which you spit into the toilet or the trash when finished.

The benefits are supposed to prevent tooth decay, mouth odor, bleeding gums, and release toxins. It is best to do this right when you wake up, because that is when you have the most toxins in your mouth. I grab a teaspoon full in the morning, swish it in my mouth while I am in the shower, and spit it out when I get out. I immediately brush my teeth afterwards. It has crazy awesome results even after just one week. TRY IT! I put my coconut oil in a mason jar with a few drops of peppermint essential oil just to have that "mouthwash" taste. Because really. It's oil. In your mouth. Kind of a weird texture/feeling. 




No comments:

Post a Comment